Wednesday, June 30, 2010

TSG61 Going Green



I've been having so much fun lately just stamping for fun (although the last week or so was crazy and believe it or not I didn't make a card for over a week!) And to make it even worse I had new stamping goodies in my possession and no time to make anything.  As soon as I saw this week's There She Goes Challenge of Going Green, I knew I wanted to play and exactly which set I was going to be using, Aim for the Clouds. I heart this set, it's so whimsical and so much fun and with so many stamps in the set, you can create a variety of scenes.  So you might be wondering how my card fits into this week's theme of green... Well, I have the color green in my card and the second requirement was to have some type of plant in the card (whether it be leaves, flowers, topiaries etc) so I used grass aka rolling hills of green. I think that fits - how about you?  Let's just go with it for today.

I've watercolored the Hot air balloons using my Tombow markers and they have been popped up on dimensionals.  The main panel has been sponged using Soft Sky and my cloud template ( I really need to figure how to make them better - it's a work in progress!!).  See the little cloud covering part of the balloon - I'll admit it - it's covering a boo boo.... I accidentally got black ink on part of the balloon and didn't want to throw it away!  I created a "sun" using  circle and blossom nestabilities and a button. How cute!  I then created a sky using some Basic Grey DP, the Divine Swirls embossing folder and a bit of Soft Sky ink was sponged on to it as well.  The grass or rolling hills I guess I should say have also been Cuttlebugged with the new Polka Dots folder and sponged with Old Olive ink. 

This card was a lot of fun to make and I think this will be one of my go to sets. 

On a side note, If you haven't ordered from There She Goes yet, you really should.   I find that living in Canada, orders that I place from the US often take two weeks to get here but Jessica, owner extraordinaire, had my order packed and shipped within about three hours of ordering (on a Saturday no less) and I had my goodies in my hands by Friday!!! Now that is record shipping for an order coming from the US.  I'll be ordering again just based on this.  Customer Service is #1!

No comments: