Thursday, June 17, 2010

TSG59 What's up Buttercup?


Have you checked out the TSG blog (There She Goes) today??? If not, head on over.. QUICKLY!! Guess who has the honor of being in the Trendsetting Spotlight today?? ME!!! I was so excited when I got the email on Tuesday that I jumped up and down, did a little happy dance and was thankful that no one was around to see me doing so!  I must have looked silly!!!  This is the card that put me in the spotlight so to speak.  My BFF Kim says she's already cleared a space in her craft room for it!!! 

So in honor of me being in the spotlight, I wanted to make a card for this week's challenge of "Worn, Torn and Distressed" which for me was a real challenge.  I find that my cards are often clean with many layers so to make a card look "dirty" was a task for me I tell ya...  I borrowed the set "What's up Buttercup" from Kim (isn't it great having a friend close by so that you can borrow goodies??).    Attempt #1 started Tuesday night... with my card being tossed across the room (unassembled at this point) as I wasn't happy with anything. I tried sponging around the image and decided to add a second color which only made it worse, hence the card being tossed.

This is card #2 and I'm so much happier with it... although I realized I'm a clean girl when it comes to stamping...  I pulled my inspiration for the Basic Grey Cappella line and then combined it with DP from October Afternoon and Bella Boulevard.  Two of the DP's have been dry embossed with Cuttlebug folders and then sponged over (making it dirty... oh the horrors) with inks to match. I;ve distressed the edges of many of the layers and sponged those as well.   The image has been watercolored with my Tombow Markers (my go to marker... I heart my markers).  I decided to keep the image "clean" to bring out the beauty of the buttercup.

Thank you to the ladies at There She Goes!!! You are all so amazing and I'm in awe of your talent!!!

2 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

Love all the texture - great card!

mE said...

Congratulations, chica! I love this card! It's good to get dirty sometimes, lol!

Inky Smiles!
Erin