Friday, June 4, 2010

Bellarific Friday meets Sweet Sketch Sunday meets That's Krafty Thursday


Bellarific Friday meets Sweet Sketch Sunday #71 meets "That's Krafty Thursday". I've been a fan of Karen Giron's Sweet Sketch Sunday but haven't had the opportunity to play until this week. So I decided when I saw this week's Bellarific Friday Challenge to make a summer inspired card that I just had to take the plunge and combine the two challenges. I'll definitely be using Karen's sketches on a regular basis and will be trying to make cards for her challenges. Jeanie Witmer also has what she calls "That's Krafty Thursday" so I decided to incorporate this into my card as well. I've had this Bella since last summer and sadly this is the first time it has seen ink! Crazy I know... I have so many stamps that I don't get the opportunity to use as often as I'd like so while I'm on a summer break from CDS, I plan on getting use out of my un-inked stamps before I'll allow myself to buy more. Now if that isn't incentive to make cards I don't know what is! Who doesn't love new stamps right? For some reason this Bella makes me think of "Itsy bitsy teeny yellow polka dot bikini" so I pulled out some of my Cosmo Cricket yellow polka dotted DP and paired it with some DP from October Afternoon to create a more monochromatic look. I've used bits of color but not too much and I'm loving how it turned out. I decided to add the "sun" (which isn't part of Karen's sketch) to create a bit more interest to finish off my card.

Here's to dreaming of a beautiful summer!!! (now if only I looked like that in a bikini.... To tell you the truth, I hate bathing suits altogether and no - I'm not a nudist!! I'd scare everyone away).

1 comment:

The Spotted Chick said...

Eeeek!! Love it, love it, love it!! This is SO STINKIN' CUTE Angie!! I just love how you did the flower combining both DP's. Thanks for participating in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge. {{{hen hugs}}}