Wednesday, June 9, 2010

TSG58 Embellish - A Beautiful Day

It's been a flower type of week on my blog I've just noticed. I didn't realize this until I made this card and looked back to see my last few cards have been flower related. Must be the weather.... It's finally getting nice! I even spent part of week gardening which for me is huge!! I hate dirt... I'm the black thumb in the family (if there's a plant that's hard to kill I somehow have the ability to kill it). Why my parents trust me to water their garden when they go away, I'm not too sure.

I've made this card using the Poppies set from There She Goes which I borrowed from my BFF, Kim Teasdale. Jodi Collins came up with this amazing sketch on the TSG blog this week and knew I wanted to finally make a card with it. I've had this DP sitting out for a few days since I saw the new Embellish Challenge which is to use Yellow, Coral and Brown as a color combo and for an added twist to use a label on the card (does a tag count?). I sure hope it does!!!

Not trying to toot my own horn here but I really like how this card turned out - from the amazing sketch, the color combo, the texture it makes me smile. I've watercolored the image with my Tombow Markers (part of the image has been left off so that the poppies fit into the circle). I've used some of my Cuttlebug embossing folders to create a bit more texture in the different layers of DP. It always seems to add a little bit of oomph to any card. I'm sad that I'm almost out of this Scenic Route DP (the lattice and poppy layer) - Scenic Route has always been one of my fave papers...


Many wishes to you for a beautiful day.




7 comments:

Kim Teasdale said...

I think I'm in love! Wow!!!!! You really created a gorgeous card Ang!!! I love your water colouring and paring the image up with these papers really makes this card absolutely PERFECT! I have a special spot picked out for it in my craft room already ;P

Lisa Lara said...

Angela....first let me pick my jaw up off the floor. Okay...better now. This is so beautiful. Your coloring just pops. And I love the embossing on your paper. This is so gorgeous. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Angela, this is really beautiful! Your colouring rocks!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Angela, I love all the texture and layers on your card! Fabulous job! Thanks for playing along with us!

Maile Belles said...

Just gorgeous, love the choices of pattern paper! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Anonymous said...

Great card Angela...love these colours...they really pop!

Charlene Austin said...

Wonderful card!