Thursday, June 10, 2010

MTSC77 and Paper Players- All about the Man...

I've been having so much fun playing with stamps this week - feeling like I'm on a roll and just enjoying making cards for the sake of it. Mercy Kerin of Lord Have Mercy is always a master at sketches and this week is no exception. It was fun - that's for sure. 4 weeks in a row playing along with her challenges. It feels so good to be back in the groove of things. OOPS.... I just realized I made a small mistake on the sketch. Can you tell what it is? I also made this card for a new challenge called Paper Players Challenge who have a weekly challenge and each week has a different theme. This week the challenge was to make a masculine card.... so out came the set Holy Carp by Skipping Stones Design. The image was watercolored with my Tombow Markers as usual. I love this sentiment... Hehehhehe... As soon as I saw this set it had me laughing and this sentiment was begging to be used! "I saw this fish.... and it reminded me of your ex. How much fun to give this card to a friend going through a break up or who just needs a good belly laugh.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Angela! Thanks for playing along this week! I am so glad you stopped by! This image is hilarious and I love the sentiment...you are right...it made me laugh outloud! My best friend needs this card!!!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Barb Turpin said...

I would have never thought of putting lipstick on this fish! Too cute!

Graphicat said...

I just love your cards Angela... always inspiring. Your use of patterned paper is fabulous!
And yes...this fish and sentiment are hilarious!! GREAT for a friend during a break up. Love it!!
Cheers
cheri

Anonymous said...

Angela, I'm so pleased I wasn't drinking coffee when I came to your site... your card is hysterical:-) Apart from the humour aspect of it, I also love the way you tied the circles together on the 1st and 3rd layers. The 2nd layer is very masculine looking DSP. Your coloring on the carp is a masterclass. So pleased you joined the Paper Players in our inaugural challenge.
hugs
jaydee

Corie said...

Oh WOW this is fantastic -- love your image and colors!! What a great guy card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Always Playing with Paper!!