Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MTSC76 Blooming Happiness

I'm dreaming of Spring!! It's been so wet and rainy here on the West Coast that I needed a bit of sunshine and happiness in my card. I've made my card for Mercy's Sketch Challenge this week (which I ended up turning). Can you believe I'm participating 3 weeks in a row? I'm extremely pleased with myself on that one! I'm patting myself on the back - can you tell? I've also made it for this weeks' Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. Have you seen it??? Love the colors!!! Can I just say the Hot Pink and Green were also my wedding colors?? Oh how I loved that day. I wanted to keep the card fun and fresh just like the inspiration photo. I'm trying to figure out how to load the inspiration photo into this post as well but haven't got it to work yet.
I had this DP from WeR Memory Keepers sitting out on my coffee table (I was searching for something else and found this one instead) and to me it just screamed Spring and cheer. I've used the Hero Arts sets called Big and Small Flowers for the stem of the flower which I watercolored with my Tombow Markers. I then made a Scalloped Circle Flower which I am still addicted to. I've been seeing the rolled flowers popping up in blog land and will be trying that soon too. These make for such easy quick embellishments. I haven't stamped any sentiment on this card so that I can use it for any occasion. It's always nice to have a spare card on hand for those emergencies when you need a last minute card.

Hope you like it! I'll be back on Friday with a fun card.

3 comments:

Ginny Larsen said...

i LOVE that dp from WeRMemoryKeepers too! great job with the card and the trigger... so fresh and sweet! :D

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Very pretty!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Angela! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)