Friday, June 11, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I've had so much fun this week just playing with stamps that haven't seen ink in quite some time and playing in new challenges that I haven't had the opportunity to participate in until now. It's so much fun stamping just for stamping sake. I find I'm inspired again and having so much fun. Yeah!!! My mojo is back and I'm loving it!!! I'd made this card for two challenges - CPS 170 (a great place for awesome sketches) and Moxie Fab World - Time to Chillax. I really need to pay more attention and copy down the sketch!!! I realized the scalloped portion should have been facing up rather than down... OOPS!!! I really shouldn't be trying to stamp after a long day at work.

Have you checked out the Moxie Fab Trigger Tuesdays? Each Tuesday they provide an inspiration photo and then you let your creativity flow. MMMM... Check out those popsicles!!! YUMMO!!!


So are you wondering why I chose to use my Cosmobella from Stamping Bella?? Well here's the story... I thought about the name of this week's challenge - Time to Chillax and I got to thinking about what I like to do with friends on a girls night out... and of course we end up having a couple of martinis at a local restaurant. Such a simple pleasure! I've pulled the colors from the inspiration photo and had to use this October Afternoon and Bo Bunny DP in similar tones. I've watercolored the image with my Tombow Markers and kept the card relatively simple.
Hope you like and and remember to take the Time to Chillax!!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I love using older, but not forgotten stamps, and participating in all sorts of challenges, Angela. It is a simple pleasure. Your card is so vibrant and great, and I'm sure they'll forgive you for placing your scallops facing down and not up ;D

Angela said...

Love it!! I prefer martinis to popsicles too!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Angela! What a sassy approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)