Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SSD029 Aloha... Wish you were here....


Aloha.... Wish you were here!!! Me too actually!!!! It's Tuesday so you know what that means... It's Skipping Stones Sketch Tuesday and Teri Anderson came up with an amazing sketch this week. It was a challenge though that's for sure.  I wanted to have a bit of fun with my card and our weather has been weird this spring... I know I live on the Wet Coast but come on.... We'd like a little sunshine now and then!  It's a day of sun, a day of rain or we get 10 minutes of sun and 20 minutes of rain and it flips back and forth - kinda like a game of tennis!!!

As soon as I saw this week's sketch I had an idea that I wanted to make a sun out of DP as my backdrop and the blue DP represents the sky.  Nothing too exciting about the sun... just cut a square and then placed a pail (I couldn't find my circle cutters - gee... Is that a sign I need to clean my craft desk???) and cut out the circle. For the sun rays I simply cut squares and then cut them in half and placed them in behind.  I tore up some sandpaper to make the frame which is part of the sketch.  I've watercolored the tree from the set Tropical Birthday with my Tombow Markers and then cut it out and popped it up.  This card was a lot of fun to make.  I like a challenge and that's what Teri gave us this week.



If you like the sketch and want to play, make sure to link it up at Skipping Stones Design or if you place it in an online gallery, use the keywords SSD029.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!!!

1 comment:

Beautiful Greetings said...

Angela, your card is awesome! I absolutely love the way you did the sun.