Thursday, November 11, 2010

MTSC99 Peaceful Wishes



Hey there everyone!! I hope you are taking time to remember those who have fought for our freedom.  Because it is considered a Statutory holiday in Canada, I have the day off work.  I'm not used to having a day off during the week so I'd been eye-ing up Mercy's Sketch Challenge for this week and decided I had to play.  I've used the set, The Light of Winter (illustrated by Kim Teasdale) for Clear Dollar Stamps and have watercolored it with my Watercolor pencils.  The DP I've used is from Cosmo Cricket's Wanted pad which has a more distressed feel to it, so I've dry embossed the DP using some of my Cuttlebug Embossing Folders and then sponged the edges of it.  I still wanted the card to look somewhat crisp so I haven't sponged the Ivory or Kraft layers of Cardstock.  Hope you like it!!!

Stamps/Images: The Light of Winter - CDS
Cardstock/Papers: Gina K Kraft and Ivory, Wanted by Cosmo Cricket, watercolor paper
Inks: Versafine Onyx Black, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa
Accents/Tools: Watercolor pencils, waterbrush, Nesties, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Clear detail embossing Powder, Sponges, Ribbon, Buttons, Linen Thread
Techniques: Watercoloring Dry embossing




No comments: