Thursday, November 18, 2010

GS64 A holiday of Splendor



I can't believe how much I've been posting this week... are you enjoying the eye candy?  :-)  I've been in card making mode because one of my brother's friends who owns a local hair studio asked me if she could buy 20 Christmas cards and of course I said yes... Then I realized I only had about 10 made so of to Santa's little workshop aka my craft area I went and I  have been getting busy... only 3 more to go!! Wahoo!!!  This is one I started yesterday and finished off this morning.  The layout is from this week's Get Sketchy Challenge - I have never participated in their challenges before but I know I will again - yup... I'm addicted to sketches lately.  The stamp set I've used is called Snow Flourishes from Clear Dollar Stamps. It's great for quick easy cards and that's what I need, quick and easy!  I've stamped various snowflakes in different SU ink colors and then as my focal image using the MFT Snowflake Die I made snowflakes. They didn't turn out exactly as expected.  I should have used the more glittery glitter I have than the one I did use for a bit more sparkle.  This card ended up costing me a lot of money.... Hehhe.... I only had a little Xyron (1.5 inches) and it wasn't quite big enough for the largest snowflake so off to Michaels I went and I came home with the 5 inch Xyron... Bigger than I needed but I know I'll be using it more in the future (you can get cartridges to make magnets, laminating etc). 

I have to start getting ready for work so I'll add all the details later.  Have a wonderful day!!!


2 comments:

Cassie said...

Way to go for selling so many cards! That's fantastic, and this card is gorgeous! Thanks for your sweet comment too ;)

Katie Skiff said...

CUTE!! This is so pretty! I bet she will love them all!! I know I do! *wink*