Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A bird for you...

WOW!!! I can't believe 2012 is already here.  I'm so excited to get it going!!! And what better way to start the year than with a sketch for this week's challenge at Essential Sketches.


This sketch (as simple as it is) had me stumped for a bit because I knew what image I wanted to use but couldn't figure out how I was going to get it to work.  Apparently my mojo hadn't returned when I started this card (it went on Christmas vacation even though I didn't LOL).  I wanted to make a horizontal card so I basically just stretched the sketch out and made it fat. 




For my card, I was inspired by the Basic Grey "Little Black Dress" Collection with its' soothing tones and earthy feeling.  This month, I'll be showcasing the set called "Bird Background" as we move through all the challenges.  I decided that with the DP I chose to use that watercoloring the image completely wouldn't make sense so I decided to only watercolor portions of it with a light beige Tombow Marker.  The image and the sentiment were both stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then sponged around the edges with Wheat Versamagic Ink.  I love my bling so I added a row of bling in the top left and lower right corners. 


We'd love for you to participate this week so head on over to the Essential Sketches blog to check it out!!. 

No comments: