Sunday, January 8, 2012

TSG138 A dear friend


Hi there everyone... I know what you're thinking!!! I'm a slacker!!! I had high hopes for starting the new year off with a slew of blog posts and then crickets... that's all I've given you so far. Nothing but silence!! Sorry about that! Life is finally starting to slow down so I managed to nab some time at my craft desk over the weekend to have a little bit of fun with some rubber and ink! 

I've made this card for this week's challenge over at the TSG blog which is to create a card using paper piecing.  The fabulously talented Iwona aka Chupa has left the team to pursue some amazing opportunities and we're all going to miss her immensely.  I thought it was only fitting to use one of the sets that Chupa illustrated while she was at TSG and the set is called "Happy Mail".  I've watercolored the image with Tombow Markers and then have paper pieced the cutie pie's dress with DP from Happy Days Echo Park.  I've also used another fellow Trendsetter's (Karen Giron) sketch from Sweet  SundaySketch Challenge.

We'd love for you to participate with us this week!!! So head on over to the TSG blog to check out all the fantastic inspiration from the DT. 

See you tomorrow!!!

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Hey Angela,
Love the adorable image and sentiment as well as the fun mix of papers. Exciting news for Chupa but so hard to lose a DT pal.
Hugs,
Lesley

Crafty Math Chick said...

Very sweet Angela! Love the bright colors!
~Meredith

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You couldn't have made me happier with this card, sweetie! It's perfect, just gorgeous... and now I'm even more teary! lol
Big hugs to you!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Super sweet card Angela! The polka dot dress really pops! Don't feel bad I started off the New Year with some blog crickets myself. The Holidays just got the better of me.

Jodi Collins said...

This is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! LOVE these papers and your gorgeous, vibrant coloring!

Trisha said...

Fabulous. Great choice of papers and coloring. This is a darling stamp.

Karen Giron said...

I LOVE this! She's so sweet and your papers are gorgeous!! Her little paper pieced dress is darling - love it!

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colors! Thanks for inspiring us this week!