Monday, January 23, 2012

RCC37 You Mocha Me Crazy!!!


Wowza!!! The blogging frenzy begins!!! This week at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge, Suzanne is challenging us to make a card using non-traditional colours.  For example, if you're making a Valentine's card you can't use pink or red.  This one had me stumped... I swear I sat and stared at the challenge for hours!!! Then I stared at all my stamps for hours!!! I was pathetic! For some reason, I was making it harder than it needed to be.  I received some happy mail from Verve last week so I decided to break it out for a test run. 



For my card, I've used the Verve sets "Sip and Savor" as well as "Better with You" to create a Valentine's card.  Did ya notice??? No Pink or red!! Wahoo!!! I've stamped the cups in Versafine Onyx Black and embossed them with clear embossing powder, then paper pieced them.  I've sponged the main panel with Versamagic Wheat Ink and Close to Cocoa for a more distressed like look. The DP is a mish-mash of what I had laying around (Fancy Pants, K & Company, Scenic Route, 3 Bugs in a Rug).  The layout for my card is last week's Viva La Verve challenge over at SCS ( had to move the oval panel up a bit so that I could get the sentiment in). To finish off the card, I've added some Brown Jute Twine from the Ribbon Carousel.  I love the look it always ends up giving!!  I've always been a fan of Jeanie Whitmer's 'That's Krafty Thursday" challenge so I'll be linking my card up there as well.


Our sponsor this week is Paper and Such and they are graciously offering a $15 Gift Certificate to their store. We're sponsoring their challenge this week so there's double the fun!!!

Now head on over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge to see what the ladies have created!!!


5 comments:

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Oh Angela!! This is DIVINE!! Such gorgeous colors, sponging and layout!!! EEEK!! Love love LOVE!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I love those papers and the inking for that tag!!! Great card all around:)

Glenda J said...

Absolutely love the colours. Great layout too! LOVE!

Debbie Carriere said...

Awesome card, Angela!!! LOVE the colors!!

The Spotted Chick said...

Not to mention me being a fan of YOUR work! Girl you ROCK! This is perfect! Thanks again for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}