Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A little Verve-y goodness


I've been having so much fun playing with the Verve stuff I received in the mail recently.  I swear I can't put it down.... now I want to order more but my crafty budget has been slashed severely so I'll be using my stash rather than getting new for awhile. 



My first card is the third sketch for January's Viva la Verve challenges. The set called "Words of Wisdom" has always been a fave of mine, yet it's only just arrived in my collection.  I've stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The floral flourish comes from the TSG set called "Act of Kindness" and has been stamped in Angel Pink.  The DP is Echo Park's Happy Days DP - yummy!! Now I'm sure you are thinking I have altered the sketch a little and you'd be right. I put the ribbon layer underneath the sentiment panel because I didn't want to hide any of it.  I'm such a rebel.... LOL!!!




My second card uses the fourth sketch for January's Viva la Verve challenges. And yes, you guessed it!!! I had to alter it a little bit.  I am trying to get some cards made for Valentine's Day so I wanted to pretty it up a little bit. The stamp is the Plain Jane called "Smallest Things" that I've always loved.  I love sentiments that have so much meaning... and to think this was Winnie the Pooh. LOL....

Wahoo!! I managed to get all four sketches done for the month. Can I just say it feels so good? 



No comments: