Thursday, February 23, 2012

ISSC04 Live the life

So.... I've seen my fair share of water this week... too much I guess I could say.  I spent last weekend with some of the ISpy girls, TSG trendsetters, Ribbon Carousel team and had the best time EVER. I haven't laughed so much in so long and it was a trip of a lifetime. I truly love these girls and I know I have some forever friends as a result.

So where does the water come in?  The three crazy Canucks and myself headed back into Canada so I turned my cell phone back on... I kinda wish I hadn't...  It was my brother saying that our basement had flooded (I'm living in a basement suite at his house).   My stuff was quickly getting packed in bags, boxes and up off the floor. My crafty area in the basement took a direct hit from the water.  However, according to the Insurance company and the Restoration company, it's a best case scenario in some regards. The water came up through the flooring (shall I mention it took over 24 hours to locate the water source? or the fact that the water only stopped when we called the city and have them turn off the water at the street?").  So for the next month or so, my life is packed up in boxes, bags etc. and I managed to find some of my crafty stuff... Luckily I had my "essentials" with me when I was away (although I didn't take my paper cutter with me and it is now MIA). 


My craft area... after the water and before the floors and drywall have been removed.

Now, I know you aren't here to hear about my water woes, so let's get on with my ISpy card for this week. This week we are featuring this sweet card by Heather Klump (tankgrl at SCS) that was posted in her SCS Gallery on March 22, 2011.

Here is our sketch based on Heather's card.


And of course... I had to alter it aka flip it. 


I'm SO glad that I have Kim Teasdale in my life.  She was a lifesaver today!!! I pulled up to her house with my limited crafty items and headed straight into her craft room to make my card for today.  I was completely inspired by this fabulous Authentique DP that I picked up last weekend on our crafty weekend.  I've stamped the sentiment from the Verve set called "Words of Wisdom" in Basic Black.  I then added a few little clear rhinestones to add a little oomph to my card.  And then I got a little ribbon happy with some Antique Gold Vintage Seam Binding, Natural Jute Twine and Box Pleated Ribbon all available at Ribbon Carousel

Thanks for popping by today!!!!  

9 comments:

mE said...

FABULOUS card! and I LOVE the sentiment. It's one of my life motto's!

Im so sorry to hear about your water woes. I understand COMPLETELY. Our basement flooded in 2008 and was in upheaval for months. It completely sucked. I feel your pain and wish you a speedy recovery for your space!

Jenny said...

Awe buddy!!! Just awful! But so glad you have Kim nearby and went over for some crafting/ girl therapy....sounds like you had fun in Seattle:) Great card- love that paper too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH my! That is a horrible situation to come home to! I am so sorry! I wish I could do something to help! And I hope you find your trimmer!

I love that card---I LOVE that paper and the bold yellow! BEAUTIFULLY done:) HUGS!

Jo said...

I love this card - the colour combo is great.

I hope your space gets put back in order quickly. It's horrible to be living out of boxes and to not know when it will be all cleaned up!

Katie Skiff said...

Man, that stinks. I hope things work out well for you.

Thank goodness for Kim!! This paper is very cute!! Great job on the card,.

Dana White said...

Having worked for years in insurance I know how much water can travel!! And it will take time to completely dry out and then repair your are lucky Kim is close!! Your card is beautiful

Shannon White said...

OMgoondess So Sorry to hear about the water damage to your basement and your crafty area too! Oh Man! Well hope it all gets fixed up quickly! Your card is Brilliant BTW, 8-) Love the Wonderful sentiment and Awesome dp's!

Hugs
Shannon

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh Angela how awful is that! I can't imagine loosing my cutter! ;). I hope all gets fixed quickly-- meanwhile I don't know if I am more jeslous of your chick trip, or the fact you can "pop" over to Kim's house to create! So wonderful to have a fellow stamper so close! I adore this sketch flipped -- you card is excellent!

Kim Teasdale said...

Ugh! I'm sorry that you had to come home to this after such an awesome weekend! Your card is stunning as always and now you have me thinking that I NEED these papers. Bill thanks you for that ;)

PS: You are welcome to bombard me in my craft room anytime ;) <3