Saturday, February 4, 2012

SFYTT A little Hello




OMGoodness!!! Check out that little logo above!! Can I just say WOW!! Jen del Muro and Susan Liles asked me, YES ME to be the February Guest Designer for Sketch for You to Try. My first response when I was asked was "Are you sure you emailed the right person?".  I'm super excited to be playing along with all of the FABULOUS ladies at SFYTT.  So many of the ladies are my stamping idols so it's a true pleasure and honour. 


Fabby sketch eh?? Love it!!!

This month, Your Next Stamp is the sponsor and I can't wait to play with their stamps. Unfortunately, they didn't get here  in time but  I'll be playing with them as soon as they arrive. 


So here's my card.  Cute eh? 

As you can see, I have flipped the sketch on its' side (such a rebel...) because the fabby Addy'tude from Stamping Bella worked better this way.  I've watercolored the image with my Tombow Markers and then fussy cut her out so that I could pop her up to give her some dimension. I added some rhinestones as her earrings.  Who wouldn't want those stunners in their ears right?  I'll take some sparkle and bling anywhere I can get them.    The DP for my card is a mix of Basic Grey Picadilly and My Mind's Eye.  As you can see... I changed the sketch up a little itty bit and used the long rhinestone swirl as the three circles in the sketch.  I love the look that it gives and it's still looks like the original sketch.

Thank you so much for popping by!!! I'll be playing along with Your Next Stamps as soon as i get them.  Pop on over to Jen's blog to check out all the details about this month's sketch. 

Have I mentioned this is a dream come true???

8 comments:

Christyne said...

Congratulations Angela!! I love all of the bling you've used on this month's sketch and that fabulous image!! Lovely card!!

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Congrats on your SFYTT guest spot! Fabulous take on the sketch! Looking forward to seeing your YNS creations once your stamps arrive!
Hugs
Karen (YNS)

Jen Tapler said...

AWESOME card Angela! As soon as I saw it I was like "OF COURSE! Rotate the sketch! Duh". Fabulous interpretation and overall just a beautiful job! So fun to have you join us this month!

Dana White said...

Angela this is fabulous - love how you used Addy'tude for the sketch!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Hooooray for your new designing spot:) YOU ROCK! And this card is SUPER pretty! LOVE LOVE LOVE the gems, and I LOVE how you flipped the sketch!

Becky Carafa said...

Oh she is sassy! So glad you are joining us this month!

Totallyawake4-life said...

Oh I just LOVE this card ... what a great take on the sketch and well I just love everything from the color palette to the bling - I love bling! TFS

Lesley said...

Congratulations Angela!! Love your blingy card!