Saturday, February 11, 2012

SFYTT Bee Mine



Yeah!!! My "Your Next Stamps" order arrived earlier this week and I couldn't wait to make a card with this month's Sketch for You to Try. Your Next Stamps is the sponsor at SFYTT this month and as this month's Guest Designer I get to play with their stamps too. Yeah!!! I was disappointed that I didn't have them for the first card this month but I'm delighted to use them for this card. When I opened up the stamps, I was incredibly impressed with the quality of "Your Next Stamps".  Phenomenal!!! I know I'll be placing an order soon for some fun goodies.  The image I have used on this card is from the fabby set called "Seasonal Icons 1". The image has been stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then watercolored the image with my Tombow Markers. I paper pieced the hearts (one of the SFYTT girls did it on their card and I love the look) and I've also added some Diamond Stickles to the bee's wings for a bit of extra dimension. Isn't that DP fabulous? I made a trip to Parksville to Scrapbookin' Adventures the other day (our closest scrapbook store) and found this fabulous Pebbles DP. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. It's been awhile since I've had DP that I just "had" to have. The twine on my buttons is Black Jute Twine from the Ribbon Carousel.

Don't forget you have all month to play along with this month's Sketch for You to Try.

Did you see the fun announcement on Jen's blog today? Karen of Your Next Stamps is offering up some fun for SFYTT participants.



4 comments:

Candace said...

Love you card, Angela!! You're making me want to try some stamps from Your Next Stamp!

Lesley said...

Oh wow beautiful card! I need to check out those stamps.

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous card, Angela! Love the papers you chose!

Michelle said...

Great card! I really like the image and the honeycomb paper.