Thursday, May 31, 2012

YNS Meets ISSC18

Another quiet week on my blog... I took a small break from stamping this week to deal with life... I've been on the job hunt for a few months now and I finally feel like things have turned a corner and hopefully good things are coming my way.  It was one of those weeks where it was make cards or get my rear in gear and get some more resumes etc out there.  And the job hunt won... 

But enough about my life... I have some fun stuff going on this month!!! I've been asked to be this month's guest designer at Your Next Stamp.  Eeks!!! I'm so excited that I get to be a part of supporting a Canadian company. 



I'm loving this graphic!!! Hehehehe. Too cute!!!

Because I'm being revealed as the guest designer today, I decided to combine my announcement with my iSpy card.  This weeks sketch,  ISSC18 is from LeAnne Pugliese ( LeAnne Pugliese @ SCS) and is based on this card


For my card, I decided to use "Vacation Don" that I think is way too cute!!!


I told you he's cute!!! LOL!!! Gotta love a bear in a convertible with a surfboard in tow.  I have stamped the image in Versafine Onyx Black, embossed with clear embossing powder and then I watercolored the image with Tombow Markers.  Easy Peasy!!! The sentiment comes from the YNS set called "Seasonal Icons One". 

As part of "Your Next Stamp", the ladies do what is called "Fun Friday"  where the DT provides extra info about how we stamp etc.  My Fun Friday tip/trick is to let you know "Don't be afraid to combine different companies' DP on your cards".  I am a sucker for DP especially in 6x6 pads.  Most people use only one pad for their cards, but I like to mix it up to make my cards stand out.  It makes your card a little bit different.  On my card, I have some older Cosmo Cricket, My Mind's Eye and Fancy Pants Design.  All of the colors "go together" to create a cohesive look.  Cool eh? 

Onto the iSpy info:

Here is how to play:
  • Create a paper crafting project (card, scrap book page or 3D item), based on the sketch provided.Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code ISSC18), and link it here with the inlinkz widget below.
  • Please provide a direct link to your post - not the generic link to your blog.
  • A new challenge will be posted every Friday at 12:01 AM EST, and you have until noon on the following Friday EST to submit your entry.
  • You may enter as many times as you like, but please provide a newly designed project with a new link for each additional project.
  • We will choose the top 2 creations to be featured in our "Top 2 Winners" post every Sunday where we will announce who we have picked :) The winners will receive their very own iSpy Sketches blog badge!
  • Don't forget that you may combine our challenges with others and use supplies from any company that you wish :)
  • Have fun and we look forward to "spying" your creations!


4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun image! Great job with the sketch~

Vickie Z said...

Way too cute and wAy too fun!

Carol L said...

I love this cute card based on the sketch! Great papers, fun image, and I really like those colorful button accents too! NJ!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Angela! Love the colorful buttons! Thanks for the inspiration!