Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy (early) Birthday to Jessica!!


It's Jessica Knutsen's (the amazing talent behind There She Goes Clear Stamps)  Birthday later on this week but with sneak peeks for TSG starting tomorrow, we wanted Jessica to have a day all to herself!! She deserves it!!! So SURPRISE!!!

For my card, I used one of the new releases called "Bombdiggity" that was released at the end of April.  The image was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I ended up masking the girl so that I could add the bombs in behind her.  And surprise, I've watercolored the image with Tombow Markers.  My card started out using Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge but I ended up veering away from it (the image panel was too big and the fishtails wouldn't fit (BOO).

Before I send you on your way, I just want to wish Jessica a very happy birthday!!!! Jessica is one of the sweetest and most loyal friends I have and I'm more than honored that I can call Jessica my friend.  I've had the opportunity to get together with Jessica on a few different occasions and I'm always sad to leave.  I probably shouldn't mention she makes one mean margarita!!! Thank you Jessica for being the person you are!!! There's no one out there like you! Love ya!!!!

Jessica truly is "the bomb"!


17 comments:

Laurel said...

So cute Angela!

Sharon Roselli said...

Awesome card! I still say the bomb my teens think I'm funny.

Kelly Collins said...

This image is so cute! I can relate to cards that stray away from the original design! Love your card.

Katie Skiff said...

This is great!! I love the bright papers you used!!

Kim O'Connell said...

Jessica IS the bomb and so is your card!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this!!! I totally need to get this set! Oh...and by the way, YOU are the bomb too!!!

Karen Giron said...

So fantastic! I love her big puffy yellow fro - haha! Super sweet!

Winnie said...

She will love it. I love the funny sentiment as it gave me a chuckle. Great fun image and Love the vibrant colors you chose.

Ann Kranitz said...

These colors are so bright and fun. I love what you created for Jessica. I am sure she will LOVE it!!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Awww, Love this!! I think you are both the Bombdiggity!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOVE this card! I love the papers and her fun outfit and hair! LOVE:)

Vickie Z said...

Perfect card!!! Love that crazy hair and sentiment!!! Layout is perfect!

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMGosh...this is so stinkin' cute

ChristineCreations said...

So cute and cheerful Angela!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Awww, thanks Ang!! I do make one heck of a margarita don't I?? lol!

Marisa said...

Fabulously coloured and love the bright colours :)

Lisa H. said...

such a great card. love the colors.