Tuesday, September 29, 2009

CDS Sneak Peek - Dog Days

Kim Teasdale has a cute new set called Dog Days available October 1st from Clear Dollar Stamps. This is another one of my fave sets this month! To have a friend with such amazing creativity is mindblowing. The layout for this card is for our sketch challenge this month. I found the Dog DP at a LSS so I knew I just had to use it and was the starting point for my card. One thing I like about this set is its' sentiments. The outside of the card says "Ruff Day?" and the inside says "Hope your out of the dog house soon".

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Dog Days
PAPER: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Gina K Luxury White, Unknown DP, Watercolor Paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Pumpkin Pie
MARKERS: Tombows
ACCESSORIES and TOOLS: Ribbon, Tombow Markers, Aqua pen, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Nestabalities
TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring

Now... what dog doesn't like a few treats? I've made a fun dog treat jar as my second project. This dog image looks like it's just begging for food (the dog bowl is a separate image). I've watercolored the image with my Tombow markers and then matted it a few times using different colors of cardstock and made it into a tag. I've added ribbon around the top of the jar and also a button.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Dog Days
PAPER: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Gina K Luxury White
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Close to Cocoa
MARKERS: Tombows
ACCESSORIES and TOOLS: Ribbon, Buttons, Embroidery Thread, Tombow Markers, Aqua pen, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Glass Jar from Dollar Store

The girls are busy today showing samples - make sure to check it all out.


5 comments:

Shawne said...

Awesome job on these, perfect dp and that treat jar is adorable!

Lisa Lara said...

Really cute doggie card. I love the DP too. The eyes peeking out of the doghouse is just adorable. I love the treat jar.

Gloria Dojlido said...

Awesome choice of dp to go with this dog themed card!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is just darling, I like the little treats jar. What a great doggie idea.

Tricia T said...

What great samples with this set! I love your coloring, as always!