Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kuddly Koalas

This is my third set, Kuddly Koalas (the second set illustrated by Shawne Arnold of the CDS Design Team). Each month, as a design team we are issued challenges - this card is for the inspiration challenge. This card was easy because I absolutely LOVE the combination of blue and brown (my bedroom and living room both have these colors). I used some My Mind's Eye DP that had green in it as well because I wanted to bring out the green in the bamboo. I colored this Koala brown as I know Koalas then to have a brown coat or a more greyish color to them. I've used Stickles on the butterfly for a bit of bling. We all know I love my bling.



ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Kuddly Koala

CS AND PAPERS: PTI White, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, My Mind’s Eye DP, Watercolor Paper
INK: Versamark, Basic Black
MARKERS: Gable Green, Green Galore, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Blush Blossom, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Barely Banana, So Saffron, Summer Sun (ALL SU)
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Clear Embossing Powder, SU Markers, Aquapainter, Large and Small Classic Round Circle and Scalloped Nestabilities, Ribbon, Dew Drops, Stickles, Stamping Dimensionals
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring

I think the Koalas loved being part of the CDS Challenges - this card uses no Designer Paper (gasp - me using no designer paper - amazing isn't it?). On the left, I've stamped leaves on the Wild Wasabi Paper and used the Floral Screen embossing folder on the Blue Bayou cardstock. I was at the Dollar store with fellow DT member, Kim Teasdale when we came across these Bamboo Coasters and I knew I was going to fit them on one of my cards.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Kuddly Koala

CS and PAPERS: PTI White, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, watercolor paper
INK: Versamark, Basic Black
MARKERS: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Pretty in Pink, Cameo Coral, Pink Passion, Barely Banana, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Going Grey, Basic Grey, Tombow Marker N65
ACCESS. and EMBELLISHMENTS: SU Markers, Aquapainter, Dew Drops,Bamboo Coaster, Large Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities and Large Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Stamping Dimensionals, Embossing Powder, Cuttlebug Floral Screen Embossing Folder, Sponges
COLORING MEDIUM: SU Markers and Aquapainter
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: watercoloring, heat embossing, dry embossing

More samples by the CDS Girls:

Make sure you look below as I've had a few sneak peeks today. Come back tomorrow to see more fun stuff! You'll love it!

5 comments:

Kevin Renz said...

Angela,

Awesome cards. That coaster is so cool and its always an extra bonus when you find that perfect project to use your goodies with.

Cassie said...

Wow, love how you used that coaster! Your samples are so fabulous, Angela ;D

Laurie Wilson said...

Fabulous cards! I love the coloring and shading and how creative for the coaster!

Shawne said...

Love, love, love them both! The colors on both and the coaster is so cool. The original Koala actually had the butterfly drawn in that exact spot with the bamboo, we ended up seperating it so it would be more useful! I just thought it was neat you put it right where it "belongs"! Beautiful cards!

Linda Borneman said...

Hi Angela! Wow! What amazing work you did here on the Kuddly Koala set! The bamboo coaster card is incredible! How resourceful was that? Love the color scheme on it, too!

Your Inspiration Challenge Koala bear card is beautiful! Love that designer paper and your coloring is wonderful.