Friday, June 15, 2012

You're going places

*** If you are looking for my iSpy card, please scroll down***

 


Each Friday at Your Next Stamp, the girls do something they call "Fun Friday" on the YNS blog. It's quite neat to see what the girls come up with and I couldn't wait to ink up this world traveler LOL!!! from the set called "Celebrate the Journey".  For some reason, he reminds me of the Aflac duck.  I'm sorry if all you hear the rest of the day is "Aflac".  Oops!!!  I have stamped the image in Versafine Onyx Black, embossed it with clear embossing powder and then I have watercolored with Tombow Markers.  One of the reasons I like to emboss the image is because it creates a bit of a dam so that it makes it harder for the color to go over the lines.  The fishtails I have created on my card are all the rage these days - to get a bit of extra dimension, I sponged the edges of them with Chocolate Chip ink.  I also curled the edges a bit to make them look not so flat.  The layout for my card comes from the current CPS sketch.

Thanks for popping by to check out my "Fun Friday" post. 

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-24.html

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is soooo cute! That duck just makes me smile.

Lesley said...

This is super cute Angela, love your new blog look too!!!

Sheryl said...

Its me again! Angela! How did I miss seeing these precious cards you've showcased this past week? This is what happens when I'm too tired at the end of the day to blog! I miss all of this good stuff!!!
I LOVE THE RED FISHTAILS! The duck is awesome! Super great card!
Hugs Sheryl