This week at ISpy Sketches we are featuring this geometric card by Patter Cross (identicaltriplets at SCS) that was posted in her SCS Gallery on January 20th, 2012.
We love that you can switch up the hexagon shapes to any other and that this sketch lends itself to being more on the clean and simple side of the spectrum :D I don't have anything hexagon shape, so I took the easy way out (Surprise...) and used circles instead. Yeah!!!
Isn't Marble the Mouse from Your Next Stamp just way too cute? I heart him!! I saw a card a few months ago (can't remember whose blog it was on) but I loved it so I had to order this cute little guy. I've stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I then watercolored the image with my Tombow Markers. Marble's eyes were coated with Glossy Accents. The DP mainly comes from the Echo Park "A Boy's Life" collection and the Black Jute Twine is from the Ribbon Carousel. The sentiment I paired it with is from MFT and is one of their Flapper Doodles (discontinued). I'm also entering my card into Jeanie Whitmer's "That's Krafty Thursday" challenge. Have I ever mentioned I heart Jeanie Whitmer?
We'd love for you to participate with us at Ispy Sketches this week!!
- Create a paper crafting project (card, scrap book page or 3D item), based on the sketch provided.
- Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code ISSC06). Please provide a direct link to your post - not the generic link to your blog.
- A new challenge will be posted every Friday at 12.01 AM EST, and you have until noon on Wednesday EST to submit your entry.
- You may enter as many times as you like, but please provide a newly designed project with a new link for each additional project.
- We will choose the top 2 creations to be featured in our "Top 2 Thursday" post where we will announce who we have picked :) The winners will receive their very own iSpy Sketches blog badge!
- Don't forget that you may combine our challenges with others and use supplies from any company that you wish :)
- Have fun and we look forward to "spying" your creations!