Thursday, March 1, 2012

ISSC05 Happy Birthday My Little Friend

It's been a quiet week on my blog-arooni....  I'm still trying to get myself situated at my parents while repair work is being done at home.  I've only just set my makeshift craft area up today so that I could make my card (hence the bad picture quality of my card.... CRAPPY lighting). 

Wahoo!!! It's March which means one thing... daylight savings time soon and the beginning of slightly warmer weather.  And a new month of inspiration for you at Ispy Sketches. This week we are featuring this gorgeous card by DJ Rants (DJRants at SCS) that was posted in her SCS Gallery on March 19, 2011.

Here is our sketch for this week - I was a little intimidated but ended up having a TON of fun with it!!


Lots of layers eh?? WOWZA!!!


Once again... I apologize for the bad pic quality.  I will try to take a pic when it's lighter out to see if I can get something better.  For my card, I've used the fun TSG set called "My Little Friend" and have watercolored the cute gnome with Tombow Markers.  I've used a mish mash of DP (MME, October Afternoon and Pebbles) to create a bright fun card.  I've added some Black Jute Twine from the Ribbon Carousel as well (I love this stuff).

I'm hoping with my card it will bring a little SPRING.. LOL...

Have a great day and thanks for popping by!!!


3 comments:

Christyne said...

I love that cute little gnome, he's fabulous!! Great job with this week's sketch!!

Dana White said...

Angela this is super cute I love all the layers - I really need to find time to play along

Vickie Z said...

Loving that little gnome!!! All the bright colors are wonderful!!!