Thursday, March 15, 2012

ISSC07 Dropping you a line

I know, I know... It's been another quiet week on my blog.  Sorry about that!! I've had some bad headaches this last week which has led me to the couch rather than to my makeshift craft area. 

This week at iSpy Sketches, our sketch is from Holly McMillen (Toy @ SCS) and is based on this card.  I'm so excited that we're highlighting Holly's card. We're on a DT together and she's the sweetest person around!!!



Fab sketch eh?? I love it!!!

  

I bought this fun image called "Surfing Oliver"  from Sparkle Creations last month when I was down in WA state for the PJ Crop and this was the first opportunity to ink it up.  I've stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black and then embossed with clear detail embossing powder.  I have watercolored the image with my Tombow Markers (I'll be breaking out my new Prismacolor Pencils pretty soon - yeah!!!).  I used a Stamping Bella sentiment that I've had for quite some time to finish up the card.  I moved the oval panel slightly to the right so that I could fit the image onto the card (and I used a larger sentiment which was part of the decision too).  


The girls have some amazing eye candy for you today so make sure you check it out!!



6 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

LOVE the sun! Perfect way to deal with the "corner thingy" in the sketch! Miss your face, Donkey!

Lisa H. said...

love, LOVE the colors and patterns going on here. this is one awesome card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabby card!! Love the pattern mixture too~

Vickie Z said...

Love the surfer dude and sun is perfect for the corner thingie!!! Sorry bout the headaches, hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

He is just so adorable! I wish spring would get here! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is TOTALLY cute! Love it!!