Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SSD014 Friends add color


Wow!!! I can't believe that it is March already - this year seems to be just flying by! I feel like I've been a bit out of touch with my blog the last week or so. I've been having major computer problems lately and believe it or not I had to borrow a friend's computer today just to get my picture done for this card!!! Crazy isn't it???

So if it's the First Tuesday of the Month... do you know what that means??? It means we have a fantastic new Sketch Artist at Skipping Stones Design this month. And guess who it is??? She's a sargeant!!! Hehehe..... Our new sketch artist is none other than Jami Bova aka sgtstamper!!! Yeah!!! I'm so excited! Jami joined us on our blog hop last month and we are so happy that she is on board with us this month!!! Please click on the link above for Skipping Stones Design to see the sketch (sorry everyone... explanation is below).

With my computer issues unresolved... I haven't figured out how to move around parts of my post today so that I can add what the sketch really looks like... I hear Macs are the greatest thing on earth but when you don't know much about them... it gets kinda frustrating.

For my card, I wanted to keep it simple and use some of my goodies that I haven't used at all. Because the sketch has a circle for the main image I've decided to use a felt flower from Basic Grey and the leaves in behind were made using a MS punch of mine. The sentiment is from the set called Healing Wings (one of my fave sets from Skipping Stones). The DP used is also from Basic Grey - it's the Sugar Rush Line (loving it).

3 comments:

Beautiful Greetings said...

Angela this is super cute! I just love the colors and the butterflies.

Amanda said...

Angela -- you poor girl, I hate when my computer is acting wonky . . . impressed that you borrowed a friends computer just to get this posted and pretty though -- that is dedication!!!

Love the golden glittery butterflies! Adorable take on the sketch today!!!

Oh, and from one Canadian to another -- WOOHOO on all those gold medals at the olympics *smiles*

Kevin Renz said...

Cute card Angela!