Saturday, March 28, 2009

OCC All Blue for You



Wow!!!! I've been asked by Kim Teasdale to be the guest designer for this week's OCC Color Challenge. Pretty cool eh? Needless to say I was pretty excited and then that nervous feeling set in. Look at all the amazing ladies on this design team - they rock!!! So I knew this card had to be great - thank goodness for Basic Grey's Granola DP. This is where it all began - wait - actually it began with the challenge colors of Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy and More Mustard.

I've watercolored this Changito using my SU Markers and an aquapainter. See the puddle? I've used Crystal Effects on it to give it that wet feeling. Makes you want to jump in a puddle doesn't it? As you can tell I really incorporated the DP into my design - if you only knew how many layouts I went through before this final card??? 3, 4? Not too sure actually. All I know is that I have a number of scraps now because I kept on changing the configuration and layers of the card. The brads are Basic Grey as well (can you believe I bought a second pack of them just so I'd have two matching brads?).

Thank you to the OCC and Kim Teasdale for inviting me to play along this week.

Sparkle and Bling List:
Stamps: Changito Slicker by Stampendous
Paper: More Mustard, Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, Papertrey White, Granola DP by Basic Grey
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black
Accessories: SU Markers, Aquapainter, Nestabilities, Ribbon, Brads, Crystal Effects

6 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Angela! I LOVE your gorgeous design and your watercoloring is amazing!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Cute, cute Angela, so glad you played along with us.

Jenny Gropp said...

I love what you did! This turned out so cute, and your coloring is perfection!

Silke Ledlow said...

Angela - your OCC card is awesome!!! Fab take on the colors!!!

Kim Teasdale said...

Such an adorable card - I love that you used this adorable little changito! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week!!! :D

LeAnne said...

Lucky you! I can see why you were asked, this little dude is CUTE!