Thursday, December 8, 2011

MFTWSC49 Winter Wishes


Hey there!!! This little chicky had a bit of time on Wednesday morning to get my craft on so I just had to play with this week's MFT sketch challenge.  Loving it!!! I've had this cutie pie Holiday Hugs Snowman for a few weeks but no time to ink him up.  Yikes!! The horrors of un-inked stampy goodness. If you only knew how many stamps I have that have never seen ink you'd be horrified too!! LOL....

But you didn't come to hear me complain about un-inked stamps so let's get to my card.  Here are the deets....  I've stamped the image in Versafine Onyx Black and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  This just makes watercoloring so much easier as you're creating a bit of a dam that the colour is hard to pass through.  The image was then watercolored with my Tombow Markers and a white gel pen was used in a few places to add some highlights.  The DP is from this year's My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas (I am loving the colors!!! I'm definitely a non-traditional Christmas girl). The DP works perfectly for this week's Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger challenge that I just had to play along in.  Rather than using the three small circles at the top of the sketch, I decided to add a rhinestone swirl.  I'm such  a rebel!!! LOL!!! And of course I had to add a sentiment, hence the fun sentiment embellishments.  As part of my embellishment, I've made a bow on the back side of the button using Black Jute Twine from The Ribbon Carousel. Loving that stuff!!!

Thanks for popping by today!!! Hope it's a good one!


3 comments:

Cassie said...

Darling, Angela! I have a few uninked sets as well. . .that's my new year's resolution. . .no more uninked stampy goodness!

Marlena M. said...

Your card is adorable! I love that lil' guy. ;)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Angela! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)