Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Exciting new Adventure!!


So I've been keeping a secret!!! And a fun one at that!   I'm so excited to be a member of the Scrapbook Essentials BC DT!! I was excited and honoured to be a part of this DT because it is local!!  Well, an hour and a half away so pretty darn local if you ask me.  LOL!!!

We have a challenge blog located here at Essential Sketches where each week the Design team (the DT consists of only members from Vancouver Island which I think is pretty darn cool) will be having a challenge each Tuesday. We'll be featuring cards using the "Set of the Month" and this month it's a fabulous one called Whimsical Butterflies available at Scrapbook Essentials BC. 

Our first challenge is a sketch for you:



And here is my card:


I've been in such a Christmas card mode that it was nice to be able to make a card using Spring colours (from the Crate Paper Random Collection).  I've stamped the image in Versafine Onyx Black and then embossed it with clear embossing powder and watercolored it with my Tombow Markers.  I really like how this card turned out. 

Check out what the rest of the DT has created.


We'd love for you to participate with us and here are the rules for playing:

Our Rules for Playing:
  1. Create a NEW project for this challenge.
  2. Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like us to visit.
  3. Please put a link on your post to our challenge.
  4. Create a project with only 3 challenges including our challenge.
  5. Feel free to use any crafting products you have!
Be sure to post your project to the linky by Sunday, December 11th at Noon (PST).
We look forward to visiting your blog!



5 comments:

Laurel said...

Yay, congrats to you and such a pretty card!

Anita said...

Congrats! Stunning card!

Notes by Nina said...

This is a beautiful bright card, I love the flower and the gem swirl.

Lesley said...

Hooray Angela! We are on a team together! You created a stunning card! Love the bright hues and of course your colouring.
Hugs,
Lesley

Suzanne said...

Congratulations, Angela!!!