Monday, April 11, 2011

TSG102 Celebrate you Today



Hello there everyone! Who's ready for Spring?  I know I sure am!!! This weekend we had endless amounts of rain... I swear we're going to float away soon.  And it was one of those weekends where you plan to get a million things done and none of it happens.... So early this morning I decided to get a little crafty.  This week at There She Goes, Marisa (our Guest Trendie) came up with a challenge for us to use vellum on our cards.  Vellum scares me.... I'm not sure why but it does... so of course I had to go on a trip just to buy some.. Sad I know!!  Over the weekend, I noticed Iwona had her new Sketchbook Saturday up and the sketch totally spoke to me.  I instantly thought of these Prima flowers I had as well as the TSG set called Sentimental Birthday.  I've been trying to create some more shabby chic style cards because I've always loved the look but have a hard time achieving it.  So off for more inspiration I went... and I found two great challenges - Shabby Tea Room (this week's challenge is to use lace or doilies on a card so I used black lace) and the Cupcake's Creation Color Challenge (to use light pink, black and cream). 

We'd love for you to join us over at There She Goes for our challenge this week!! All you need to do is create a card using vellum in some way.  Then go to the TSG blog and add your link.  If using an online gallery make sure to use TSG102 as your key word.  Don't forget that by participating in the TSG challenge, you have the opportunity to win $5 to the TSG store or be in the Trendsetting Spotlight. 

Challenges I'm entering my card into:
Cupcake's Creation Color Challenge (light pink, black and cream)
The Shabby Tea Room (use lace or doily on a card)
Iwona's Sketchbook Saturday
Friday Mashup (butterflies with dimension) - new challenge blog!!

Have a great day!!!

13 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is beautiful, Angela! LOVE that flower, and your little vellum butterflies are darling!

hollybeary creations said...

I love those velum butterflies this is a perfect card for our first challenge.. Thank you for joining us and helping to spread the word...

Marisa said...

So sorry to have caused you such grief, Angela... However, your butterflies are gorgeous as is your flower! Great card :)

Lesley said...

What a stunning card Angela! I am so happy you came and played with us! Yes, floating away is definitely a possibility! LOL! Love the colours and the vellum butterflies!
Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!
Hugs!
Lesley

Lisa said...

Gorgeous!! I love the papers you used and the vellum butterflies are perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Beverly said...

Angela, what a pretty card! I like your flower and the butterflies are adorable!
XO
Beverly

Torico said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, Angela!

Kim P said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Sheri said...

Great combination a patterns and textures! Love that flower! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room!

Andrea M said...

What a GORGEOUS card! Love your rolled flower! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! Great take on the challenge colors!

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous flower!! SO very pretty. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Trees said...

What a pretty card, I love that pretty flower! Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Super gorgeous, Angela :) That flower is a real stunner!