Friday, August 6, 2010

She's cute and loves her Cherries - Bellarific Friday



Isn't she just too cute?? Her name is Cherryblossom Bittybloom - it's my favorite Bittybloom from Stamping Bella.  As you know, I love my Bellas, Stellas, Bittyblooms so when I saw that Stamping Bella is looking for a new "Bella Babe" I thought why not throw my name into the hat?  And all you have to do to apply is participate in all of their Friday Challenges this month.  This week's challenge is Paper Piecing - and yes I have paper piecing on my card if you were trying to find it!!! (See the cherries??).  My BFF Kim and I were at Michael's recently and found these Kraft colored journals (they had different fruit all over them) so we each picked up a few to alter.  I wish I had more of them!!! But they're all gone now... I'd been waiting for this October Afternoon "Thrift Shop" DP to arrive in the mail for awhile now so as soon as I had it on my hot little hands, I HAD to use it. (the pink polkadotted paper and green polkadotted paper are from their "Fly a Kite" line.  I really think this DP matches the image so well - soft and airy and cute.  It's definitely girly that's for sure.  Cherryblossom Bittybloom has been watercolored with my Tombow markers and then I paper pieced a small bit of the pink polkadotted paper onto the cherries.  With my Spellbinder die in place, I sponged around the edges with SU Pink Pirouette ink.  Each of the layers of DP have been dry embossed using either Cuttlebug or Tim Holtz folders. 

Wouldn't this journal be cute for a little girl?  Hope you like it.  You'll be seeing more journals in the future from me (I have 10 of them if I remember correctly).

Have a great day!!!

I apologize for the lighting in my photo - it's the first day of rain here that we've had in over a month and I couldn't get a photo bright enough before heading to work. 

1 comment:

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO sweet Angela! LOVE your GORGEOUS coloring and the paper pieced cherries!! Totally GORGEOUS!