Monday, August 16, 2010

MTSC87 Does my Butt look big?



WOW! I can't believe we are over half way through the month of August - where has this month gone?   It's Tuesday already - wowza! And we know what that means this month right??? It's Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge (MTSC87).  This sketch had me so inspired and I had a ton of fun making this card!!! I know that I'll be using this sketch again and again! Mercy always has amazing sketches that allow for CAS or nice and fancy. 


I made this card with a set from Skipping Stones Design called Sassy Snow.  It was a special offer a few months ago but I have a feeling you'll be able to find it once we start getting closer to Winter.  Now I have always loved snowmen so when I saw this set, I knew I wanted to play with it again.  This snow"woman" is just too funny?  How many of us ladies stand with our hands on our hips and ask our hubbies if we look big in what we're wearing right?  And thankfully, we have smart husbands who know what the right answer is!!! The clear dew drops are meant to be part of the "thought bubble" extending out to the sentiment. The main image has been watercolored with my Tombow Markers - if you haven't tried them you really should. I know that Copics are all the rage but Tombows are so much fun.  How many of us have a stash of DP that we don't want to dig into and we just hoard?  I've been hoarding this My Mind's Eye DP since it came out (I looked on the back of it today and realized it's from 2008).  I absolutely love the colors in the DP because I'm a non traditional girl when it comes to Christmas colors.  You won't see me with much red and green but instead fun colors. Each layer of DP has been run through my Cuttlebug with different folders for a bit of texture and the edges have been sponged with Soft Sky. 

Mercy and her Muses have great eye candy for you today so check them out. 

Mercy Kerin (our awesome leader)
Cindy Haffner
Crystal Birr
Jackie Pedro
Jessica Diedrich
Julie Lacey
Pam Speidel
Pam Varnell

3 Christmas cards down... and many more to go!



3 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

Wow, I love the herringbone cuttlebug folder used with the dsp...I tried that on some plain cs and wasn't impressed at all, this is gorgeous. I picked up this set at the Hop(e)for Haiti and have only used it once...but winter will be here before you know it! Also, love the little "thought dots"!

Wanda Cullen said...

So adorable and definitely brought a smile to my face! Great colors!

Lesley said...

Great card Angela...love all that DSP and that image and sentiment is hilarious! Congrats on the GD position...
Smiles,
Lesley :)