Monday, August 9, 2010

MTSC86 Out of the Box


 
 
Hey there everyone!!! I know I've been a bit quiet on my blog this last few days but it was a busy weekend and I needed to play catch up around the house.  I'll tell you though it was well worth the wait because I have some fun cards to share with you this week.  This is my second week as the Guest Muse for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge (aka MTSC).  As soon as I saw this week's sketch, I had this image called Allboxedup-abella from Stamping Bella in mind. I bought right after it was released and life got busy and you all know how that goes.... Who doesn't have rubber that hasn't seen ink yet? Tell me I'm not the only one please!!!
 

 
Do you ever have DP that you absolutely love but it was so hard to find - so you just don't use it???  Well that's the case with the floral DP on this card. I'd seen it for months on everyone's blogs and I finally found it!!! It was hard to cut into it for this card I tell ya but at the same time it was the inspiration for the color scheme for my card.  I've combined it with DP from October Afternoon.  The image has been stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and then embossed with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.  I've watercolored the image with my Tombow and SU Markers and a waterbrush.  I've been pulling my SU markers out more lately so that I have a few more colors to work with.  Each of the layers of DP have been embossed with some of my Cuttlebug embossing folders to add more texture. 

Check out what Mercy and her Muses have for eye candy today!!!
Mercy Kerin (The Head Muse)
Pam Speidel
Cindy Haffner
Jackie Pedro
Julie Lacey
Crystal Birr
Jessica Diedrich
Pam Varnell

 

 
Hehehe... I've made this card for one of my friends for her upcoming birthday.... I know she'll see it in my blog and love it!!! 

 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

love, love, love this angela! great coloring, dp, and embossing...LOVE IT ALL! awesome job with the sketch this week! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL totally relate to the paper thing!! This card was perfect for it- adorable!

Chelsea said...

So cute! I love when patterned paper is embossed!

Jodi Collins said...

Pure FABULOUSNESS Angela! GORGEOUS papers and coloring! LOVE this!!

Kim Teasdale said...

*happy sigh* This card is just too darn sweet and I know where it can find a new home come September 2cnd-ish ;)

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh just GORGEOUS!

Julie said...

This is so cute, Angela! Love that image! So perfectly colored!!

Keva said...

Wow. This is fabulous!!! I absolutely love everything about this card. What Nesties are those??

Angela Thomas said...

Hi Keva

The Nestabilities are Labels 11. The matting layer was actually cut with an exacto knife on the outside part of the the nestie of the white layer.