Friday, October 9, 2009

My first Attempt at Copics...

Kim Teasdale and I went on a little road trip (well actually a ferry ride and then a short drive) to take a Copics Class with Sherrie Siemens. For those of you who don't know Sherrie, she teaches the Copic Certification classes in Canada. This wasn't the certification class but just an intro to Copics. We made 3 cards in the class and learned a few techniques. You're wondering where that third card is, aren't you? Well.... it was hideous! My coloring was totally out of the lines and just plain bad. I couldn't bear to show it.



Loving the cherries! I love how they pop!!!


This image is just too cute! We used a Mister with blending solution in it to create the texture of the dog's fur. We were supposed to do some air-brushing on this card but the machine intimidated me so I didn't use it.

What do I think of Copics???? I haven't quite made up my mind yet. I like the look they give but I love how rich the colors look when I use my Tombow Markers. I wanted to buy some Copics the day of the class at the Store the class was being taught at but they didn't have any - you had to order them in... Well, I don't live anywhere close to this store (it's a 1.5 hour ferry ride and then an hour or so drive to the store) so I didn't get any. I may try to find somewhere on Vancouver Island that carries Copics so I can purchase a few. I know that if I decide to invest in
Copics that I definitely need to practice A LOT!

1 comment:

Laurie Wilson said...

I think you did fabulous on the copics! I just have a hard time with them, of course, maybe I need more practice LOL! Such adorable cards, I agree those cherries pop out!