Saturday, January 1, 2011

Martini Time!!

WOW!!! I can't believe it's now 2011!!! So much happened in 2010 - both good and bad so it's nice to have it behind us.  I feel like my stamping has grown leaps and bounds in 2010 and I can't wait for new adventures and opportunities.  In 2010, I had the honor to serve on a few design teams - Skipping Stones Design as well as Clear Dollar Stamps in which my terms have ended for both. I was Mercy's Guest Muse in August and this was such an honor as well. In September, I became a Junior Trendsetter at There She Goes and then Mid November I was invited to be part of Lori Boyd's By Lori Designs DT.  I'm truly blessed to be part of such an amazing stamping community. I have made so many amazing friends over the last year and for that I am truly grateful!!!  You know who you are and I love you all!!!



My Favorite Things knew how to make my year end just right!!! Check out the post here.



In honour of a new year starting, I decided to make a card using Mercy's last sketch challenge. I'm so sad that I won't have Mercy's inspirations on Tuesdays anymore but I understand the time to move on. 



Now who wouldn't love a little Martini time to bring in the New Year right?  LOL.  I've used the MFT Flapper Doodle set called "Cheers to a New Year" as part of this week's MFT challenge at SCS which is to create a card with a party theme. I\ve watercolored the image with my Tombow Markers and kept the card relatively simple.  I also made this card for this week's challenge of "Celebrating" over at Crazy4Challenges. Who doesn't love the idea of celebrating the new year?  Celebrating friends with drinks?  Martinis anyone???  

Happy New Years everyone!!!!!!!


3 comments:

Glenda J said...

Great card Angela! Great image, terrific colouring and fantastic combination of papers! Happy New Year to you!

Glenda J said...

Oh yes, and congrats on all of your honours this year!

Kelli Hull said...

I LOVED that MFT Entry... It is a PIECE OF ART Angela!!!!! I also love today's challenge card!!!! Keep 'em coming my friend.... Hard to imagine that yuo think you are growing leaps and bounds as I have yet to see something that isn't EXCELLENTLY done!!!! ;)

Hugs and Happy New Year!!!!

kj