Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's a BLD Blog Hop!!!



Wahoo!!! It's someone's birthday!!! And in honour of our amazing leader Lori Boyd's birthday we're having a blog hop to celebrate some new releases!!! Lori's birthday...and she's giving her customers a gift of new stamps to play with.  How sweet eh??? Now if you happened upon my blog today, you'll want to go back to the BLD Blog.  Otherwise you should have arrived here from Jacquie's blog.  Isn't she just fabulous?  I'm sure she had great eye candy for you to feast on.



I have two beauties for you today.  The first card uses Puddle Jumper Emily which also comes with a present and the sentiment Happy birthday.  I've watercolored the image with my Tombow Markers and a waterbrush.  I then added Diamond Stickles to the balloons and the bows in her hair and on the dress.  The layout comes from this week's Card Patterns Sketch.


My second card uses Molly, a new release from the Bug and Roo Line which is illustrated by Hannah Boyd.  That girl has her mother's talent I tell ya!!! Artists in the family that's for sure!!! Once again the image has been watercolored with my Tombow Markers and a waterbrush.  The inspiration for my card came from the polkadots on Molly's dress and as a result, I just had to use the Cosmo Cricket DP from the Pixie-licious  pack. I've used this month's Sketch for You to Try (SFYTT) by Jen del Muro.



Guess what.... you'll want to comment on everyone's blogs!! Why??  Two lucky commenters will each win a $10 Gift Certificate to By Lori Designs!!!! Who doesn't love free goodies right? 

Now... make sure you have your cup of coffee and enjoy the rest of the blog hop.  Your next stop along the way is Jennifer.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!!!! You're an amazing lady who deserves the best!!!


23 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a darling cards! Thanks for sharing :)

Jennifer said...

ADORABLE cards!! Love the colors you choose!! (=

Jayne said...

Lovely cards Angela, the touch of black looks awesome.

Jacqueline said...

These are very sweet!

Lisa said...

great cards, love the colours

kadie said...

Angela, your color choices and layouts are FANTASTIC!! So much fun!
Thanks for letting me hop with you gals today!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, love your watercolouring, gorgeous paper choices too.
Look forward to seeing more of your creations:)
Suzi
xxx

Scrappychick said...

Sweet and adorable cards!!
Cyndi

LORi said...

OHHHH My Gosh...these are both fantastic Angela!!! You are so very talented and amaze me!! WOW!! You have touched my heart with your cards AND that super sweet birthday message...Thanks so much Girlfriend!! ♥LORi

faithnme said...

ohhh your paper is just sooo yummy I love the colors.. great coloring

~amy~ said...

your cards are super fun & happy! Love what you've done with the Card Patterns sketch! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Such adorable cards. I am so loving all of Lori's new releases today.

Donette said...

Cute cards...love the layouts and the new images.

Silvia said...

These are adorable, Angela! I love your coloring...it is amazing!

Lisa said...

wonderful cards...sooooo very pretty! Thank you so much for sharing.

Linda said...

Sweet, sweet,sweet! I love your cards Angela!

Kimmarie Baker said...

Both cards are so pretty. Molly's card is yummy. I love the papers you used with her. tfs

Sharon said...

Great cards - love the patterned papers you have used.

Sharon said...

I love the bright colours you have used on your cards!

Kristy said...

Wow so cute and bright!

Christiana said...

Two darling cards! Love them!

Carlie M. said...

Absolutely Beautiful card!!! Amazing image!!

Ann English said...

Just as cute as can be-so enjoying these sweet and simple images!