Thursday, May 28, 2009

CDS Sneak Peek - Rosebud Princess


Who doesn't want to be a princess? Who didn't dream of it as a little girl??? I know I sure did! All I can say about Rosebud Princess available June 1st from Clear Dollar Stamps is TOO CUTE!!! I'm a girly girl at heart so it speaks to me. For my first card - I simply watercolored the Rosebud Carriage using my SU markers and an Aquapainter. I wanted to keep the focus on this element - so I used very little embellishments otherwise. The panels in the background have all been popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals. The sentiment "Time to Celebrate is a single stamp from CDS also being released this month. Not only is this set great for young girls - I thought the carriage would be great for a wedding shower card or even a wedding card.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Rosebud Princess, Time to Celebrate (single stamp)
CS AND PAPERS: PTI White, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Imaginesce DP (Fairest of them all Collection), Watercolor Paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Old Olive, Rose Red
MARKERS: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Pretty in Pink, Cameo Coral, Rose Red (ALL SU)
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Clear Detail Embossing Powder, SU Markers, Aquapainter, Stamping Dimensionals, Ribbon Tags Trio, Green Ribbon (Michaels)
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring

My second card uses the mouse from this set as well as the princess sentiment. I wanted to keep the cards in similar tones, so that I could possibly give them away as a set. Once again, I've used my SU markers to watercolor (coming soon will be some samples using Tombow Markers). I used my Long Rectangle Nestabilities for the sentiment which I tucked in behind the ribbon.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Rosebud Princess
CS AND PAPERS: PTI White, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Imaginesce DP (Fairest of them all Collection), Watercolor Paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Rose Red
MARKERS: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Pretty in Pink, Cameo Coral, Rose Red, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blosoom (ALL SU)
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Clear Detail Embossing Powder, SU Markers, Aquapainter, Stamping Dimensionals, Long Rectangle Nestabilities, Rectangle Nestabilities and Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities, Rose Ribbon, Half Back Pearls
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring

Check out what the design team has come up with:


This isn't the only set being shown today. There are so many wonderful sets this month to check out.

Colonial Carvings: Laurie Wilson, Nancy Grant, Stacy Morgan, Sarah Taylor, Candy Fosta
Happy 4th of July:Stacy Morgan
God Bless America:Nancy Grant, Stacy Morgan
June Rose:Laurie Wilson, Katie Renz, Stacy Morgan, Sarah Taylor, Candy Fosta
Rosebud Scrolls:Laurie Wilson, Kim Teasdale, Nancy Grant, Shawne Arnold

Don't forget about the June Guest designer position available. Check out Lori's blog, Clearly iStamp, for more details.

8 comments:

Linda Borneman said...

Hi Angela! You've done some marvelous work on these Rosebud Princess cards! I love your coloring on both with your SU! markers -- beautiful! Your layouts and color schemes are so sweet and perfect for the stamp set. Lovely!

Cassie said...

Beautiful samples, Angela! I love how you colored her.

Stacy Morgan said...

These are both so sweet! I love your coloring and great layouts.

Shawne said...

I love the focus you put on the carriage by keeping the layout simple, the panels and dp picks on both cards are perfect, gorgeous coloring! I got to see your samples done before I even got to ink mine up and they were so beautiful I couldn't wait to get started! :)

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh so beautifully done! I love your coloring and style!
:-)

Lisa Lara said...

Sooooooo cute Angela. Fantastic coloring. Great Sneak peeks.

auntbeespickles said...

Angela, these cards are so great. Love the coloring! Great Job!

Laurie Wilson said...

So precious! I really like how you keep the main images as the main focus with bold coloring and all the white around them.