Sunday, May 31, 2009

CDS Sneak Peek - June SOM

This cute little guy and a variety of others can be yours free with a purchase of $50 or more during the month of June from Clear Dollar Stamps. He's so much fun to play with - I had a hard time choosing what I was going to do.

As I've said in my previous posts - every month the DT are given challenges. This month, one of our cards had to be a shaped card (could not be square or rectangle in shape). My first thought was "YIKES!!! - I can't do that". But I kept on thinking.... and thinking... and thinking. I had a different idea than this but I was talking with Kim one day and she gave me this idea (can I just say how great it is to have your best friend on the same design team). I thought how perfect and then the thinking began again as to how I was going to accomplish this. So out came my craft knife and different shades of green paper and I began randomly cutting curvy lines to make the grass look like it is being blown in the wind. I ended up layering 4 colors to achieve this look. My "rock" was some Basic Gray cardstock from SU that I ran through my Cuttlebug using the Pebbles embossing Folder which I then sponged, covered in Versamark and embossing powder to give it a wet look. The turtle has been popped up on dimensionals. All in all, I LOVE how this card turned out and am thinking a shaped card might be in the works every month (notice the might - I didn't say it would be).

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Just Shellin’ (June Stamp of the Month)
CS AND PAPERS: Basic Gray, Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Dark Green (unknown), Watercolor Paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
MARKERS: Old Olive, Gable Green, Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Real Red (ALL SU)
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: SU Markers, Aquapainter, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Pebble Cuttlebug Folder, Craft Knife, Stamping Dimensionals
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring, Dry embossing


This second card was completely a result of the DP chosen. I love how it turned out! I'm really liking the Lime Rickey collection from Basic Grey. It's fun and youthful and so vibrant. I kept the card really simple and made a little tag with the "What shell I do without you?" sentiment. Like the flower on top of the turtle? It's just one of many things you can use with the turtle in this set. Way too cute I tell ya.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Just Shellin’ (June Stamp of the Month)
CS AND PAPERS: PTI White, Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Lime Ricky DP (Basic Grey), Pink Paislee DP, Watercolor Paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
MARKERS: Garden Green, Green Galore, Handsome Hunter, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Only Orange, Apricot Appeal, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy (ALL SU)
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: SU Markers, Waterbrush, Ribbon, Buttons, Embroidery Thread, Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Stamping Dimensionals, Tag Shaped Nestabilities
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring

Check out what the rest of the DT has come up with:


The other set being shown today is Pretty Perches. Check out what the girls have come up with.

Laurie Wilson
Linda Borneman
Katie Renz
Candy Fosta
Cassie Trask

6 comments:

Cassie said...

Love your shape card, that is so ingenious ;D

Carmen said...

Tu blog es precioso. Enhorabuena.

Linda Borneman said...

Angela, your grass card took so much cutting and wow, great challenge card! Your other "Just Shellin' " card is supercute -- love the Lime Rickey paper with it, too!

Kim Teasdale said...

I LOVE how your cards turned out especially the shaped one! You exectued that idea WAY better that I ever could of!!! I think I may need you to teach me how to create those cool blades of grass! Wow! Gorgeous cards girl!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Awesome job on your shaped card....it turned out beautifully!

Bananastamper said...

How fun are these? Love them!

Shanna