Sunday, June 30, 2013

If friends were flowers


Hi there!!! Hope you're all having a great weekend.  I\m enjoying the long weekend here in Canada (even though I have the beginning of a cold) and with some time off, I decided I wanted to play with some mixed media type stuff. I took a Mixed Media card class at my local stamp store the other day and I really enjoyed it so I decided to pick up some goodies like Tim Holtz Distress stains, Dylusions sprays, Inkagold and some Gelatos.  Please be gentle with me!!! LOL.  For my card today, I used the Stamping Bella set called Em's Lantern Flowers which was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto some Mixed media paper and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I then added a few different pink tones of Distress stains and some Gelatos and silver Inkagold over that.  I added some polkadots using a stencil and white ink.  I then had a major crafting mishap after adding the sentiment from the set called Uptown Girl Pippa loves to plant.  I wanted to add some of the White Dylusions spray and let's just say more came out than I expected (all over the card and all over my craft mat).  I tried to fix it.... but I'm realizing that with mixed media it doesn't have to be perfect. 

Hope you like it!!!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I think it looks great! Good job!