Monday, May 23, 2011

RCC4 Cupcake Diva


We love cupcakes... but ribbon cupcakes?  Why not?  As soon as we saw this pic on Pinterest, it just had to be an inspiration for one of our challenges at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge.  The colours scream Spring with their intensity.  Love it!!

I've had this fab Addy'tude is a Cupcake Diva from Stamping Bella for quite some time but she hadn't seen any ink... and what could I do?  Of course she had to be used when our inspiration is ribbon cupcakes. I tried to use as many colours from the inspiration photo when looking for my DP (ended up using My Mind's Eye and 3 Bugs in a Rug DP).  I've watercolored the image with my Tombow Markers and then added a little bit of Diamond Stickles to Addy's earrings for a little bit of bling.  My layout is May's SFYTT that I absolutely love and decided I had to use it again.




As you might know, Sparkle is one of our DT members at the Ribbon Carousel challenge  and she has graciously offered Cupcake Ruby to one of the participants this week.  Sparkle's stamps are some of the cutest stamps out there and Sparkle is a sweetheart as well. I had the opportunity to meet Sparkle back in February and we all had a blast together.  Make sure you check out her online store at Sparkle Creations to see what other fabulous stamps she has available.

We'd love for you to participate in this week's Ribbon Carousel challenge.  Please remember that your creation must have ribbon, twine, lace (basically anything that comes on a spool).  If uploading to an online gallery,use the keyword RCC4 so that we can find it.  Each week, we select our "Top Spools" - can't wait to see what you create!!!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh how cute!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a darling card!

Dawn Easton said...

ha! Get out....she's awesome! LOVE her! Fabulous card my friend!

Ashley Newell said...

This is SO fun! I love how you did the trim! Super cute!

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH she is fantastic! This card fits the inspiration challenge SO well- love it!

Debbie Carriere said...

I love this!!! Such a sassy image :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely cute!