Tuesday, March 29, 2011

That's Just Crappie...



WOWZA.... this month has absolutely flown by.  I can't believe it's almost April which means... I really had to get my caboose in gear to get March's SFYTT completed.  Just a couple of days left... and I got it done. Wahoo!!! I've had the a la Mode "Something's Fishy" since shortly after it came out and believe it or not, this is the first time it has finally seen ink.  The inspiration for my watercoloring came from the MME Stella Rose collection.  I had so much fun watercolor with my Tombow Markers and then paper pieced both the boots and the fish.  See the sponging around the edge?  Well... that's covering up an oops....  I was pretty much done the card, ready to assemble it and I decided to take the stamp off the clear block, it slipped out of my hands and of course landed upside down onto my colored image.... Argh.... but I knew a little bit of ink would cover it up. 

Well... that's all for me today... I'm starting to not feel well and don't have time to get sick so I'm trying to lay low, get a bit of extra sleep and keep drinking lots of fluids... here's to hoping I miss the flu bug....


3 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this girlie! FAB coloring and I totally ADORE this á la mode!

Jessie/knightrone said...

SOOOOO fabulous!!!

Crafty Cath said...

Love the card Angela. Really like how you incorporated the SFYTT. It doesn't overpower the image and adds a nice balance of color. Delish!