Thursday, November 29, 2012

ISSC44 Candy Cane Time...

I'm in the Christmas mood (kinda) when it comes to card making so I had a lot of fun playing with my stamps for this card.  This week at iSpy, we are featuring this week so I'm thrilled!!! This week we are featuring Christine Okken ( ChristineCreations at SCS) and is inspired by this card.
 
 
LOVE this sketch!!! It's a keeper and I know that I'll be using it again and again. 
 
 
I've had this stamp set from The Cat's Pajamas called "Raising Cane" for a few months now and I"m so glad I finally got to play with it. For my card, I was inspired by the DP I've chosen (mixture of Basic Grey, Simple Stories and Pebbles).  The image was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, embossed with clear embossing powder and then I watercolored with Tombow Markers. This is the first time I've done the "Out of the Box" technique with having part of the image outside the main panel and I have to admit it made me a little nervous but I LOVE it.
 
Make sure you pop on over to the iSpy blog to see what the girls have created.
 
 

3 comments:

Lesley said...

What a cute image! Your colouring is stunning Angela.
Smiles,
Lesley

Lisa Lara said...

Man you know how to use color and have the most awesome stash of dps girly. Love love this card Angela.

Vicki Dutcher said...

CA -UTE! Fun coloring too - It's been fun seeing your cards every week -- see you in blogland I am sure~