Monday, October 3, 2011

RCC23 You mean the world to me


Wowza!!! It's October already! Where has this year gone?  It feels like it's just flying by...  too quickly!!! I'm back again (can you believe twice in just a few days?) with a fun card for this week's Ribbon Carousel Challenge which is anything goes.


Firstly, I need to apologize for the crappy picture quality. I'm house sitting right now and didn't think to bring my Ott Lites with me for picture taking of cards.  I have always been a big fan of Jen del Muro's SFYTT so when I saw October's challenge I knew it was perfect for the image I wanted to use. I've used an MFT a la Mode called "You mean the World to me".  I stamped the image in Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with clear embossing powder before watercoloring with my Tombow Markers.  I've used DP from My Mind's Eye Stella Rose Collection and also used some of it on the paper pieced shirt.  I'm a teacher and I studied Geography in University so this set was a must have for me.  I then added some of the Natural burlap twine from the Ribbon Carousel to finish off the card.  Isn't it lovely? 

We'd love for you to participate with us this week!!! But remember you MUST use ribbon, twine, etc (basically anything that comes on a spool in your creation!!) The Ribbon Carousel is the sponsor this week and will be giving away one of the October Ribbon Club Kits to a lucky participant!!! 


If you like the Ribbon for this month's kit, make sure you check out the Ribbon Carousel site (I've added the direct link for you) to sign up for the club.  It really is a fantastic economical way to get awesome ribbon.


4 comments:

Laurel said...

Too cute!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous coloring and colors An-gel-a-bean!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I don't own ANY of these ala modes but you make her look SO cute! Awesome card, Angela!

Mahmood Ali said...

I like your posted ribbons its looking so beautiful....
Plastic card printing
Plastic card