Sunday, November 7, 2010

TSG80 Make a Scene



Hey there ladies!!  Guess what... It's my turn as the Trendsetter of the Week at There She Goes so you'll be seeing a lot of me this week!!  Just means more eye candy for you, that's all!! And hopefully some inspiration as well.  For this week's challenge, I'm challenging you to "Make a Scene".  One thing that drew me to There She Goes stamps is how well the sets can be used in conjunction with one another.  I'll be honest though, I haven't mixed them together enough which is why I came up with this challenge.

For my card, I decided to use one of the new sets called "Snowy Days" (my fave set of all time from There She Goes) and "Treemendous".  I wanted to make the snowboarding dog to look like he was making a jump. Okay.... okay... I'm not a snowboarder so I don't know the lingo... Is it "taking air"?  Flying?  Who knows... I sure don't.  I first stamped the tree in Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and Versamark and then embossed it with Irridescent Ice from SU.  (It's glittery IRL but doesn't show well in the pic).  I then sponged the background with Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay and Not Quite Navy. I cut some Vellum and some DP and then tore the edges to make it look like mounds of snow.  The edge of each of the vellum and DP have been sponged with either Soft Sky (vellum)  or Bermuda Bay (DP). I then put some Diamond Stickles on the edge of that to add a bit more dimension.  I've watercolored the snowboarding dog with my Watercolor pencils and then cut it out and popped it up.  The clouds were made from felt and with the Clouds Die-namic from MFT.

Make sure you check out the TSG Blog this week!!

SUPPLIES:
Stamps:  Snowy Days and Treemendous - There She Goes
Paper:  Gina K White, Basic Black,Vellum, October Afternoon DP, Watercolor paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay
Accessories:  Diamond Stickles, Pop Dots, Watercolor pencils, waterbrush, Felt, Clouds Dienamic - MFT, Clear Detail Embossing Powder

6 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

This is so fun looking Angela! I love all the awesome blues and the fun papers and the touch of sparkle!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Adorable Angela! I love how you made the hilly snow! :)

Torico said...

Great work, Angela! I LOVE the scene you have made!! So fun!

Lorri said...

Angela, I love this card it would be perfect for my son (the injured snowboarder)

Jodi Collins said...

This ROCKS Angela! FAB scene! It's SO cool!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I LOVE this!!! Too fun!!!