Thursday, April 22, 2010

I know there's been very little action

I just wanted to pop on to my blog to apologize for the lack of posts lately. I got a call last week from my husband to let me know that his father had passed away. We knew that he had little time left but we didn't know when it would happen. So in less than 24 hours I booked my flight, did laundry, packed and made my way to North Carolina for the funeral. It was a sad reason to go back down there but I knew I had to be there for my husband. Let's just say this was no small feat. In 6 days I managed to travel over 10,000 KM's or 6000 miles!!! I became acquainted with way too many airports, had to run to get to my connecting flights and almost missed a couple of them!!!

My husband is American and I'm Canadian and we're currently apart while we wait for the final steps of the paperwork so that he can legally live and work in Canada. (This has been a very long process that has really tested us). It was so nice to be with my husband again and I definitely needed that time with him.

As a result of my unscheduled trip, I'll be playing catch up trying to get all my samples done for the upcoming Clear Dollar Stamps release. My blog will be quiet for a few more days but I'll try to get a sample done for Skipping Stones Sketch Tuesday but you'll definitely be seeing some posts next week with sneak peeks coming up.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Oh, Angela, I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I'm glad you got some time with your husband, but I will be praying for you both.