Tuesday, July 28, 2009

CDS Sneak Peek - Hanging Out


It's that time again!!!! Clear Dollar Stamps is unveiling its' August 1st releases. Today is Day 1 of 4. I swear it is a feast for your eyes. I had so much fun creating samples this month. The first set is "Hanging Out". I love all the play on words that this set offers and the super cute images. For my first card, I used the underwear as my starting point. It was my wedding anniversary recently so I thought it would be fun to use this as a card for my husband. I've stamped the image on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossing powder and then watercolored the images using my Tombow Markers. As you can tell, my fave DP came out again! I've been hoarding this paper.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Hanging Out
CS AND PAPERS: Gina K Luxury White, Pretty in Pink, Making Memories DP, My Little Yellow Bicycle DP, Watercolor paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
MARKERS: Tombow Markers
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Tombow Markers, Aquapainter, Buttons, Ribbon, Brads, Embroidery Thread, Oval Nestabilities, Scalloped Oval Nestabilities, Angel Wings Shimmerz
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring



My second card uses a layout I found on the Stamping Bella blog. I love the simplicity of the design as it highlights the stamps so well. Loving the quote! Too much fun. I made clouds in the background so that it looks realistic. I have a clothesline and I have to say I love it! I love the feeling of fresh clothes on a clothesline.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Hanging Out
CS AND PAPERS: Gina K Luxury White, Chocolate Chip, Scenic Route DP, Watercolor paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou
MARKERS: Tombow Markers
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Tombow Markers, Aquapainter, Label Three Nestabilities, Circle Nestabilities, Buttons
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring

I'll be back later on with the rest of my samples for today.

Check out what other members of the DT came up with for this set: (please see sidebar for all DT member links) Hanging Out - Kim, Linda B, Cassie, Candy and Laurie

Other sets being shown today include:
Under the Sea: Kim, Linda B, Cassie, Stacy, Candy and Laurie
Charlie Tweens - Tori, Sarah, Stacy and Candy
Bitty Bots- Kim, Linda A, Tori, Cassie, Stacy and Candy

4 comments:

Tricia T said...

Cute cards, Angela! I really love the sock card. The watercoloring is fantastic and I adore all those buttons!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Simple adorable. The way you colored and shaded the sky behind the socks rocks girlie! Fantastic stamples!

Linda Anderson said...

Such gorgeous cards Angela!!!! They are all colored so fabulously! I hear ya about hanging clothes outside, I do it even in the winter!! I love your cards!

Linda A.

Lisa Lara said...

Soooooo cute Angela. I just love this set and can't wait to use it. Waiting...waiting....Hee. I just love your Anniversary card. Great way to show its versatility. I just love the clouds and sky you created behind these socks. Awesome.