Thursday, September 1, 2011

Miss you a Latte

I had a summer of chaos and craziness but I'm back in full swing creating again.  Yeah me!!!  It was nice to have a bit of a break to recharge and get things in life together again.  And to top off my excitement that my mojo has returned, I've been asked to be a guest designer at One Crazy Stamper (an online Canadian company) for the month of September. It's always fabulous being able to promote someone Canadian!! 

Each month, the DT has a challenge and this month it is a sketch challenge. 



I'm a sucker for square cards so this was fun!!!


I was super excited when I saw that One Crazy Stamper carries MFT stamps considering I'm an MFT junkie...I love the a la Mode line and this "Miss You a Latte" is definitely my fave from the line.  I took my inspiration from the Echo Park "For the Record" DP which I absolutely love.  The rich colours from it are a great starting off point.  I've watercolored the image with my Tombow Markers and then paper pieced her top as well as the cups (of course to match Starbucks colors).  After all, I'm not only an MFT junkie but also a Starbucks junkie. I love my Grande Peppermint Mocha Lite Frapp with whip and of course an Oat Fudge bar to go with it.  Okay... I may need a Starbucks run later. Each layer of DP has been dry embossed using various embossing folders.  I love the texture that doing this adds, just a bit more oomph to the card. 

Hope you like it!! Now head on over to the One Crazy Stamper blog to see what the rest of the DT has created.



1 comment:

Dana said...

Sorry I didn't make it around earlier to tell you how adorable this card is and to welcome you to the team this month! Your card is amazing as well as the Stamping Bella card on the post today!! You are a very talented lady!
Hugs~
Dana