Wednesday, July 7, 2010

TSG62 and MTSC81 Dance Like no one is Watching

I'm loving playing lately and exploring new stamps!!! Isn't it fun to ink up new goodies? I'm inspired!!!! And what are some of the things that have been inspiring me lately? Challenges!!! For my card today, I've combined Mercy's Sketch Challenge this week with There She Goes Color Challenge to use red, orange and brown together. Now the colors.... WOW!!! These are colors I rarely use but using them together was a stretch. I searched through my enormous supply of DP (I'm addicted and need to stop buying it....) and found this Scenic Route DP (the red and white DP) and some My Mind's Eye floral DP. The sentiment comes from the There She Goes set, Dance.  It's a great set because $4 of each set goes to Amyloidosis Support Group.  So last night I was coloring away and I just wasn't getting the intensity in the flowers that I was wanting so out came these felt flowers which now when I look at it I like this better because the flowers perfectly match the flowers in the DP. The "leaf" is a flourish that I bought around Christmas time ( I had to cut it a little smaller though so it didn't poke out the other side of the flower.  I've sponged the edge of the sentiment area with Canteloupe Memento Ink.  Jodi Collins always does this and I love the way it looks - just highlights everything a little bit more.



I've really been enjoying playing this last month or so and am finding that my style is continually changing, I'm exploring new challenges,  being inspired by new stamps.  I'm coming out of my shell a little more and trying to be "adventurous" in creating.  Isn't it amazing how we progress over time?

No comments: