Wednesday, July 29, 2009

CDS Sneak Peek - Sails, Subs and Tugs

Kim Teasdale has it it out of the park or should I say water with this set called Sails, Subs and Tugs available August 1st from Clear Dollar Stamps. It is a great boy set but also great for any man in your life who enjoys being on the water. For my first card, I used the tug boat image. Now I know tugs should be white with black but I wanted to make it fun and of course I wanted it to match the DP I had chosen to use. I've stamped the tug on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I then colored the image using my Tombow markers. Isn't it cute? Gotta love the Liquid applique I used for the puffs of smoke.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Sails, Subs and Tugs
CS AND PAPERS: Gina K Luxury White, Dusty Durango, Marakech (Basic Grey), Watercolor paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
MARKERS: Tombows
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Tombow Markers, Aquapainter, Classic Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Die, Liquid Applique, Ribbon, Linen Thread, Crystal Effects
COLORING MEDIUM: Tombow Markers and Aquapainter
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring
When I made the second card, all I could think of was the song about a yellow submarine. Darn - the song is still stuck in my head. I found the layout on the Sketch Saturday blog and went to it. I know the colors I chose aren't typical "water" but I wanted something vibrant. Hope you like it.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Sails, Subs and Tugs
CS AND PAPERS: Gina K Luxury White, Junebug (Basic Grey), Real Red, Flocked DP from Little Yellow Bicycle, Watercolor paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Not Quite Navy
MARKERS: Tombows
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Tombow Markers, Aquapainter, Crystal Effects, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Ribbon, Brads, Rectangle and Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers and Aquapainter
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring

Other girls highlighting the set are: Kim, Nancy, Katie, Stacy and Candy

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Super cute samples, Angela! I love your bright papers. This is a must have set for me :D

Tricia T said...

I love them both, but the first card is my favorite. The liquid applique is a perfect addition!!!!

Kevin Renz said...

Awesome job Angela! Love both cards, the papers, the layouts, everything!!

Stacy Morgan said...

These look awesome! Angela fabulous layouts and papers. Your sub is perfect!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Angela, both of these cards are just so cute. I love all the coloring. This is a really cute set and your cards so it off well. Keep up the great work!

Linda Borneman said...

Hi Angela! What great "Sails, Subs & Tugs" sneak peeks! Love the bright colors on the second one...it makes it so much fun! And the first one is adorable with your puffy paint clouds! Cute!

Candy F. said...

Love everything about both these cards! Your coloring is awesome.

Linda Anderson said...

Your cards are absolutely stunning!!!! Such wonderful coloring, so rich!!! Love the layouts too!

Linda

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Angela! I just love your subs and tugs cards. Love your choice of DPs. Just gorgeous cards. Love your layouts. What inspiration. Your coloring is Fabulous.