Saturday, May 30, 2009

CDS Sneak Peek - Charlie Lean on Me

Charlie's back and he's better than ever. I just love this guy! I swear I'll eventually own all the Charlies. He's so much fun and easy to color. Each set is unique in its' own way. I love how this one is perfect for so many occasions - especially with the sentiments that come along with it.

Each month, as a design team, we're given challenges and I made this one into a two for one deal. Yeah!!! You have to love when you can combine things to make one amazing card. This is for both the Inspiration challenge (one of our choices was a bedding set that was neutral in color with beige and black) as well as the sketch challenge. I found this DP at my LSS and fell in love with it - I was determined to use it on one of my cards this month. This is the first time I've colored Charlie in anything other than brown tones but I really like how he turned out. I'm surprised by the simplicity in this card - I love it!

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Lean on Me Charlie
CS AND PAPERS: PTI White, Basic Black, Chatterbox DP, Scenic Route DP, Watercolor paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
MARKERS: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Going Gray (ALL SU)
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Circle Nestabilities, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Kraft Color Ribbon, Stamping Dimensionals, SU Markers, Aquapainter, Detail Clear Embossing Powder, Button, Linen Thread
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring


Charlie is always one of the first sets I start with each month - he inspires me! I've had this "cowboy" DP for over a year and never had any use for it (I've got it in pink tones for girls too) - should I mention my DP addiction? As soon as I saw this stamp set, I knew I had to use this DP - I really like how it turned out. Vibrant yet so understated. Notice anything about this card??? No bling! I wanted to get it on there but the image speaks for itself and I wanted to keep the focus simple.


ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Lean on Me Charlie
CS AND PAPERS: PTI White, Chocolate Chip, Adornit Creations (Wild West Collection) DP, SEI Poppy String Bikini DP, My Mind’s Eye Baby Boy Stripe (Wild Asparagus Collection), Watercolor Paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
MARKERS: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Going Gray, Basic Black, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, Bordering Blue, So Saffron, Barely Banana, More Mustard (ALL SU)
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: SU Reinkers, SU Markers, Waterbrush, Sponge, Detail Clear Embossing Powder, Large Rectangle Nestabilities, Large Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring

Check out what the rest of the DT has come up with:



7 comments:

Laurie Wilson said...

These Charlie cards are so sweet and classy looking! Love the clean fresh looks! Fab-o coloring!

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK!!! Both are so totally cute! Great work with Charlie.

auntbeespickles said...

Angela, your cards are both so so cute! Love Charlie being grey. You do a fab job coloring! Keep up the great work!

Linda Borneman said...

Angela, your Charlie Cards are so, so cute! Love your designer papers (you always have the nicest designer papers) and your coloring is great on Charlie and great job on the Sketch Challenge!

Lisa Lara said...

Just wonderful Charlie cards Angela. Your coloring is fantastic. I love that DP too one the first one. I love your layout and use of ribbon and color. The second card I love what Charlie is leaning on with the stuff. It adds great color. You Rock girl.

Cassie said...

Great watercoloring, Angela! Love your samples ;D

Gloria Dojlido said...

Super cute. Great job on the colouring. Gotta love Charlie!!!